Equalities Information & Objectives
Castle Manor Academy believes that all members of our community deserve fair and proper treatment. We are committed to removing any barriers to learning, including those of discrimination. We adhere to our trust equalities policy policy, which refers to all individuals and is therefore applicable to children, staff, trustees and any visitors to Castle Manor Academy.
The trust policy can be found here.
In addition to other Equalities Policy our objectives are:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all aspects of life at our school, both inside and outside the classroom. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To move beyond develop a culture of growth mindsets, avoiding labelling of learners based purely on a notion of fixed levels of ability. To model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling.
- To narrow the gap between boys’ and girls’, as well as between disadvantaged pupils and other pupils.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school through our PROUD curriculum.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010 with particular focus on homophobic bullying and prejudice.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.